Friday, October 3, 2014

Psalm 139

 
There is POWER in Knowing What God Says About You

Let's jump ahead for a moment and talk about Psalm 139.  The Bible calls us to examine ourselves, and God in turn will reveal things we don't know about ourselves. 
     Before I [we] was formed in my mother’s womb, HE knew me…  "He fashioned all of  
      our days even before there was one of them. "  

If we build our life on the word of God, the truth is set before us.  Our identity, purpose and value are developed through life.  But in John 8:31 – 32 [NKJV], Jesus said to those who believed Him, “If you abide in my word, you are My disciples indeed; and you shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  There is great power in knowing what God says about you, because in life, things happen.  Although things are always changing, nothing really changes. 
  
For You formed my inward parts—
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:-14 

As you are reading this there are some who have experienced great pain, or some great tragedy and you feel like you are worthless or perhaps a mistake.  It is amazing how may people find out that they are adopted or don’t know the circumstances surrounding their conception. If you are a Christian, follower of Jesus Christ ,we are all adopted as son's and daughters' of God.  The truth is every one of is created in the image of God and the Bible teaches us we were not just made but FEARFULLY and WONDERFULLY made.  We are created in HIS image — the Bible says “Marvelous are Your works,” that is an outstanding truth that you and I are marvelous.  Created in the image of God, ALL of His works are marvelous.  “and that my soul Knows very well…” 

…My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in secret,
and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. 
And in Your book they were all written…
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there was none of them. 
 Psalm 139:15 -17  

                                                  
  

If we are grounded and rooted in that deep love of Christ, no matter what disturbing news we may find out, we can rest in that love that will carry you and sustain you.  When you know that kind of love… we can not but help to love others.   
 
… nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us
from the love of God that is revealed in Jesus Christ or Lord. 
Romans 8:39  [NLT] 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment