Thursday, November 14, 2013

PSALM 26


Are You Sealed in God?
 
Now it is God who makes us stand firm in Christ. He set His Seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts… as a guarantee of what is to come. 
 
PSALM 26
A Psalm of David 
1   Vindicate me, O Lord, for I have walked in my integrity—
    I have trusted in the Lord without wavering.
2    Examine me, O Lord, and try me, test my mind and my heart.
3    For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, and I have walked in Your truth.  

4   I do not sit with deceitful men, nor will I go with pretenders.
5   I hate the assembly of evildoers,  and I will not sit with the wicked.
6   I shall wash my hands in innocence,  and I will go about Your altar, O Lord—
7   That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving and declare all    Your wonders. 

8   O Lord, I love the habitation of Your house and the place where Your glory dwells.
9    Do not take my soul away along with sinners, nor my life with men of bloodshed,
10   In whose hands is a wicked scheme, and whose right hand is full of bribes.
11   But as for me, I shall walk in my integrity—
     Redeem me, and be gracious to me.
12   My foot stands on a level place;
      In the congregations I shall bless the Lord.
 
What does it mean to be adopted and be sealed?

It is a awesome thing to understand the meaning behind this Psalm.   To KNOW that we belong to Him.  God’s purpose is accomplished through His Word, the gospel.  Every person has the opportunity to receive another birth, a spiritual birth, to become a member of God's family. This is done, by the Holy Spirit. 
You were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise.  It is an unseen work that one receives after they trust in the Lord and His Word.  Now as believers we are cleansed by the blood and sealed by the Holy Spirit as proof that we have given our life over to Christ.  He has many names and roles in our life. These are only a few:

Bread of Life
Comforter
Counselor
Deliverer
Healer
Jehovah
Lamb of God
Bread of Life
Living Water
Our Righteousness
Mediator
Messiah
Prince of Peace
Redeemer
Rock, the
Savior
Shepherd
Truth
The Vine
                                                                              
 
The gift of eternal life begins for the believer with the Holy Spirit indwelling him (Romans 8:8-11).  God does not break his promises, The Father drew us to the Son. We accept we are in an unconditional covenant relationship, meaning it is not dependent on us but all depends on Him. We cooperate in submission as a wife to her husband or a child to his parents. By doing this we stay in his grace and grow. 

This Spirit of truth the world rejects.  He set his seal of ownership on us by putting his spirit in our hearts as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come. There are no refunds on his deposit. “If anyone does not have the spirit of Christ he does not belong to him.” (Romans 8:9.)

Romans 8: 1, 7-11
God, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh ...
The mind of the Spirit is life and peace: 7because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God...  8and they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit--if so it is that the Spirit of God dwells in you.

But if any man hath not the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the spirit is life because of righteousness. 11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he that raised up Christ Jesus from the dead shall give you life also.

No comments:

Post a Comment